Nadaburg Unified School District No. 81
STUDENT DRESS CODE
- Must not include tank tops, spaghetti straps, halter tops, strapless tops, or racer back tops.Tank tops or any sleeveless tops with a strap of less than two to three inches with no bra straps showing.Sleeveless garments must extend to the end of the shoulder and fit closely under the arms.
- Must not have a neckline lower than three inches from the collarbone and must not expose cleavage.
- Must not extend in the armpit lower than six inches from the collarbone..
- Must not expose any part of the midriff when sitting, bending or standing.
- Must not expose undergarments* when sitting, bending or standing, unless covered by an acceptable over garment, as defined in this section.
- Must not be sheer/see-through.Shirts should have adequate coverage to allow a full range of motion without skin or undergarments showing.
- Must not be ripped or torn.
- Must be no shorter than fingertip length when standing or moving if shorts or skirts.
- Must cover the entire buttocks when sitting, bending or standing.
- Must not expose undergarments* when sitting, bending or standing, regardless of the number of layers.
- Must not be see-through.
** For special events – Dress Code could be altered with the discretion of administration.
- Must not be leggings/stockings worn without an over garment.Over garments such as shorts/dresses/skirts and long shirts must meet the four to six inch above the knee guidelines.
- Must not be ripped or torn completely showing skin higher than four to six inches above the top of the knee in the front or back.Distressed holes higher than four to six inches above the top of the knee are acceptable, unless skin is completely exposed.
- Bottoms should fit properly, not being overly loose, baggy, saggy or overly tight (no skinny jeans).
- Bottoms must fit on the waist, so as to be able to remain on the waist without the aid of a belt regardless of the number of layers.
- Must be worn at all times.
- Must be closed-toe shoes for physical education or any organized physical activity.
- Slippers are not allowed.
- Sandals or open toed shoes must have a heal strap. (no flip flops)
- No heels above two inches.
- No skate shoes/heelies (with or without rubber heel insert) type shoes are allowed.
- Must not present a safety hazard to self or others at the administrator’s discretion.
- Must not include hats or any other head apparel inside school building unless for pre-approved religious, medical or safety reasons.Applies to both males and females.
- Must not include sunglasses worn inside any building.
- Prescription glasses only allowed inside classrooms.
- Hair colors must be natural or appear as natural. Hair color or style which draws undue attention and causes a disruption in the school shall not be permitted. (Designated spirit days are the exception.)
- Cosmetics and make-up should not be in excess that it distracts from the learning environment.
- Jewelry should not be in excess that it distracts from the learning environment.
- Must not include pajamas or other loungewear.
- Must not include undergarments worn as outer garments.
- Must not contribute to an atmosphere of threat, intimidation or negative peer pressure.
- Must not create an exposure in violation of any of the above guidelines when sitting, bending or standing.
- Must not display anything that is otherwise illegal to possess at school.
- Due to the health, safety and welfare of students, staff may request a change in student’s attire (heat/cold etc.).
- Must not include any reference to a gang, nor include any defamatory writing, obscene language or symbols, or symbols of drugs, weapons, sex or alcohol
- Students are expected to bathe and groom themselves regularly so that any lack of personal hygiene is not annoying or disruptive to students or staff.